21 Feb Mindset – Carol Dweck Interview
Kathleen Slattery-Moschkau interviews Dr. Carol Dweck who is a professor at Stanford University, a social psychologist and one of the world’s leading researchers in the field of motivation. Dr. Dweck has held professorships at Columbia and Harvard Universities, she has lectured all over the world, and has been featured by the top media outlets in the country. Her fascinating book is called Mindset.
Comments from Kathleen:
In a word, this interview is thrilling. You will see yourself and everyone you know through a new lens resulting in an opportunity to unleash a more powerful side. Dr. Dweck has done fascinating research in this area. Looking back I can see so clearly the times and areas that a fixed mindset held me back and kept me small as well as my patchy journey to breaking out and away…toward unexpected growth. Listen to this interview and then listen again. A growth mindset can be learned. You can apply it to every area of your life – business and creativity and athletics and health and parenting and, and, and. I’ll be forever grateful to Carol for this interview and the direct impact it had on my life.
Please share this interview with others and subscribe to the podcast. We are re-releasing the content of The Kathleen Show because thousands of personal testimonials have poured in from listeners worldwide stating how much the information has impacted their lives.
Dr. Dweck talks about:
- The difference between a fixed mindset and a growth mindset.
- The dramatic impact a fixed mindset has on the course of your life.
- “In order to never fail, you have to limit your horizons…you have to shrink your world.” You have to live small.
- It is cumulative.
- How to recognize the inner dialogue of each mindset.
- Can you change your mindset? Yes. Here’s how.
- Fantastic advice for parents.
- “Learning is the highest value.”